Subsea Assembly & Test Technician (Spring/Stafford, TX) HR9-00103
This role supports the Subsea Technologies division’s assembly and testing activities. This role is responsible for assembling and testing complex subsea assemblies to internal, customer, and industry procedures/specifications.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Must be able to operate High and Low-Pressure Pumps, Hydrostatic Pumps, High Torque Wrenches, Overhead Cranes, Jib Cranes, Forklifts, and Rigging. Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices such as height gauges, adjustable parallels, calipers, and pressure gauges.
• Assembles and tests mechanical assemblies according to Hunting/Enpro/Customer specifications. Applies advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment in the area of expertise.
• Assists in preparing, maintaining work stations, facility, and test equipment for factory and system acceptance testing.
• Completes required test documentation including test reports, failed test reports, and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR). Assists with FATs (Factory Acceptance Tests) and SITs (System Integration Tests) if needed.
• Cleans components after assembly/disassembly according to specifications and verbal/written instructions.
• Inputs and reviews labor data into ERP system (or manually tracked sheets).
This position is primarily located in Stafford, TX but will be required to travel 25% of the time.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Minimum 5 years experience with assembling and testing large Subsea Assemblies.
• Strong knowledge of high pressure hydraulic testing systems/components and general assembly practices and equipment, including the Ability to operate High and Low-Pressure Pumps, Hydrostatic Pumps, High Torque Wrenches, Overhead Cranes, Jib Cranes, Forklifts, and Rigging. Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices such as height gauges, adjustable parallels, calipers, and pressure gauges.
• Must be able to comprehend all engineering and weld blueprints and all written engineering procedures. Knowledge of components and circuits and their interfaces at a sub-assembly level. Ability to read and interpret schematics and Bills of Material (BOM).
• Works under minimal supervision and may adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet special needs. Resolves all but most complex problems and questions independently.
• Willing to travel approx. 25% to support SIT and offshore installation of units. Must be able to hold offshore certifications (TWIC).
• Must have excellent organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
•Enterprise Level ERP experience strongly recommended; Epicor or Dynamics 365 experience a plus.
31 October 2022Apply for this vacancy